Postcards from Uganda

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Only happy when it rains

Perhaps to preempt yet another heat/sweat-related entry, God sent rain this weekend.

I woke early on Saturday; the skies were gray. Thunder followed, then torrential downpour. The streets emptied. The birds quieted. The air cleared. For the next two hours, all was still but for the deafening roar of rain on tin rooftops.

I couldn’t and didn’t want to go back to sleep. I opened the windows, put on coffee and a long-sleeve shirt. I shivered and inhaled deeply for the first time in a week and took in the sights and sounds of what I know to be a gift from God, a reprieve from my biggest challenge thus far, a reminder that He is Lord over even sun and sky.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Rachelyu3@gmail.com said...

hm...praise God for the rain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home