Postcards from Uganda

Monday, December 31, 2007

Home away from home

I traveled to Kenya and Tanzania during my year-end holiday and spent Christmas in Zanzibar. Saw incredible wildlife, gorgeous beaches and met some great people. After living out of a duffel for two weeks, I found myself ready to go home. To go where I know the taxi driver who meets me at the airport, where I know the places to go to find things I need and the fair prices for these things, where friends and familiar faces abound.

Kampala, Uganda is not just a place I'm visiting; it's home.

5 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Rachelyu3@gmail.com said...

Love your pictures. They look great!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice pictures! We look forward to seeing you in February. =)

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Capell said...

Those pictures were great! I'm glad you found some kindred napping spirits among the animals!

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. You found your niche and it's in Africa. Continue to educate and share with us. Keysha

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger CL said...

Amazing photos, Karis. Thanks for sharing. I hope to see you soon after your return in February.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home