Postcards from Uganda

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bite me

I’ve had hardly any mosquito bites until 5 days ago. With the rain came cooler weather and over 15 red beans on my arms, legs and face. Much to my relief, they are mostly eye sores and do not itch, at least not after a dab of Tiger Balm, which should really be called “Tiger Bomb” because it is truly da bomb when it comes to insect bites.

What’s not da bomb is bilharzia, for which I will soon acquire medication. As if exhilarating memories and emotional trauma weren’t souvenir enough, I probably have worm eggs in my blood thanks to my little row on the Nile. (No worries – the treatment is cheap and painless and I should be worm-egg-free in a matter of days.)

Africa is kicking my ass this month.

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Rachelyu3@gmail.com said...

yuck. =P bugs and diseases are some of the things i'm looking forward to the least. i hope you'll be worm-free soon. mosquito bites remind me of taiwan...some of mine grew to sizes bigger than quarters!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

yikes! do you want us to send you some Off! spray?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home